Furniture Bank is a registered charity and social enterprise that has been helping people in the Greater Toronto Area establish their homes since 1998. It transfers gently used furniture and household goods donated by the community to people who are in need of a fresh start. The organization’s fleet of trucks is on the road five days a week throughout the year, picking up donated furniture and delivering items to the new homes of formerly displaced individuals.
Collaborating with community social agencies, we collect society’s unwanted home furnishings to solve the crippling issue caused by ‘affordable housing’ creating true homes for all families in extreme need while saving our communities shrinking landfills and environmental benefits.
Every weekday we welcome 20 families who have secured ‘affordable housing’ and we provide them with the opportunity to handpick donated items to create ‘homes’ from this housing. Items selected by the clients are then delivered directly to their homes the next day to these families.
This coordination of collecting quality furniture donations and passing them on to families in 72 hours has a number of activities integrated into the charity:
– Furniture Collection Social Enterprise – Fee for Service furniture removal business
– Donation Drop Offs – Receiving donations from the community at our Etobicoke location
– Furniture Repair Workshop – to fix donated items needing minor repairs
– Furniture Showroom – where clients build their homes with our volunteers
– Furniture Delivery – Furniture Bank delivery of donated furniture to housing the next day