With only 6 weeks left until Christmas the Kits for a Cause team is THRILLED to announce our new partnership with Toy Mountain!
For over 15 years, The Bargains Group has been proud to work alongside with the Salvation Army team, but our new partnership is going to make an even bigger impact on the community. Now, even MORE young people will wake up Christmas morning with a smile on their face as they open their Toy Mountain Kit!
Why do we love Toy Mountain?
- For over 23 years, The Salvation Army Toy Drive in Toronto has been helping those across the GTA.
- Registration and qualification for this program starts months before Christmas so that The Salvation Army knows how many gifts are needed and for what age groups.
- Receiving these gifts is a little bit different than most families, Salvation Army calls it “distribution with dignity” which means the donations are set up like a toy shop and parents can pick out the gifts perfect for their own children.
- Last year over 30,000 families in the GTA were helped by this amazing program, and that would not be possible without the incredible actions of donors, teams and families who gave a gift or donated to the Toy Mountain website.
- There is always a need for Tweens, Teens and baby gifts as they are least likely to be donated. Our partnership is tackling this issue head on! You can donate $25 to create a Toy Mountain Kit for one of these age groups OR build Toy Mountain Kits as a team!
Want to Help Build a Toy Mountain Kit?
Looking to volunteer as a group with your co-workers, family, or friends? Look no further! When you contact Kits for a Cause to build Toy Mountain Kits, we will design an event just for you – all you need to do is choose the date, time and place. With any group size (from 5-500) and any budget, you can make a difference.
Not only is building Toy Mountain Kits fun and easy, but it is also a meaningful experience. Each Kit assembled will help give youth in your community a magical Christmas morning.